All industrial, manufacturing and warehousing facilities have numerous locations throughout their facility where there are hazardous edges and corners that may potentially lead to employee injuries of various types. These locations may include, for example, work benches, conveyor systems, overhead beams, metal enclosures – anywhere that employees repeatedly or occasionally lean against, pass by, bump into or move under. To help reduce liability, increase safety and limit injuries, the solution is to cover these dangerous corners and edges with Boing Safety’s high-quality shock absorbing industrial grade foam protector for hazardous corners and edges. Keep in mind that while the foam safety padding is primarily to protect people, it is also used to protect equipment and structures from accidental damage.
Each urethane foam pad shape is a solid piece of flexible high grade foam completely sealed in a thick protective skin that is waterproof, anti-bacterial, UV treated and abrasion resistant. The product can be used indoors or outdoors for many years without requiring replacement. The various shapes are available in a variety of colors and lengths. All shapes can easily be cut to length as needed. Most installation is primarily via a suitable adhesive such as silicone. Some of the products also have 3M peel/stick tape.
Corner Strips – These are longer strips available in different configurations such as:
- Basic Corner Strip – These foam strips are 1 meter long and are our best sellers because of their range of application. Basic corner strips are available in several colors, including black & yellow striped. Best applied with silicone.• Basic Corner Strip – These foam strips are 1 meter long and are our best sellers because of their range of application. Basic corner strips are available in several colors, including black & yellow striped. Best applied with silicone.
- Slim V and Slim C – These foam strips are narrow in shape to cover curved or square edges. They are 72” long and available in 4 colors. Best applied with silicone.
- Flat pads – These 1” wide and 1 meter long strips are great to cover small flat surfaces or areas. Available in 4 colors. Best applied with silicone.
- Aluminum Reinforced – These are also 1 meter long, but thicker than the “basic” corners strips and have an aluminum reinforcement bracket inside the full length of the strip. Great for pillars and posts. Generally these are attached with screws to any surface.
- Aluminum reinforced with Reflector – These are our largest strips that have an internal aluminum bracket and heavy duty reflective tape. It is 1 meter long and only available in black. Attached with screws.• Aluminum reinforced with Reflector – These are our largest strips that have an internal aluminum bracket and heavy duty reflective tape. It is 1 meter long and only available in black. Attached with screws.
- PU Foam Strips – This is our newest addition of flexible yellow and black striped strips that are all one meter long and available in 5 different shapes including some that are slotted along one side to fit over certain shaped surfaces.
Jumbo Foam Corners – While the strips are great for longer sections, we also offer industrial grade 2-Dimensional and 3-Dimensional foam shapes to ensure complete coverage of hazardous locations. These are available in several different colors.
For all our industrial grade foam protector for corners and edges, there are thousands of different indoor and outdoor installation applications including, for example, parking garages, school facilities, sport facilities, medical facilities, transportation equipment, logistics, just to name a few. Product application will vary based on the type of surface material, textures, temperature ranges, climatic conditions, moisture levels, etc. For additional information about our other products, as well as installation instructions and ideas on where and when to use, please visit our website at http://www.boingsafety.com/.